Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mr. Dia, Rand / Deputy GM, HERTZ Shakhshir Rent A Car



Company Profile:
Shakhshir Rent A Car was founded and licensed in 1979, and was awarded the Hertz-Jordan Franchise in 1993. Currently, we have direct operations in over 9 locations in Jordan. They are distributed to meet the countrywide demands for our transportation solutions. We employ more than 150 employees; our fleet exceeds 500 vehicles to serve both our rental and chauffeur driven clientele requirements.
Hertz-Jordan offers it’s clients the best services whilst conforming to international standards and expectations. In case of breakdowns or emergencies, we will reach our customers within 45 minutes anywhere around the Kingdom. Hertz-Jordan serves most of the large missions in Jordan; including numerous Embassies in addition to most of the official Jordanian facilities. Hertz-Jordan has provided most of the coalition exercises in Jordan with their transportation needs for the last 15 years.
              
At present, Hertz-Jordan has branches in King Abdullah Gardens, Al Rabieh, Al Bayader, Al Qastal, Dead Sea, Aqaba, and most 5 Star hotels including: Grand Hyatt, Mövenpick Dead Sea, Sheraton, Marriott Dead Sea, Holiday Inn Dead Sea and Ibis. All these diverse locations give the company superior presence and an edge over competition.

How did you start your business?
In 1980, I used to work for a small company as an office boy cleaning cars, the office and answering the telephone calls. At nighttime, I used to work as a night shift leader at the reception of the Intercontinental Amman. I became a salesman at the same car rental company, and moved to another car rental company until I finally joined Shakhshir Rent A car in 1985 as a sales manager. Mr. Hayati Al Shakhshir, God rest his soul, became a mentor as well as a father figure to me. He was the partner and the General Manager of Shakhshir Company at that time. The support from him and all Shakhshir family especially Najati Al Shakhshir, current General Manager and partner of Shakhshir Rent A Car - Hertz encouraged me to do the best for my company. I dedicated my time and worked tirelessly in order for it to grow. I believe in my career life; if you make your company big, you will be big too.

When you first started your business, were you expecting that it would become not only your full-time occupation, but also a growing company?
I believe all people expect that they will do very well for themselves and the company they are working for. Personally, my case differed. I always wanted to succeed in my life for me, my family, company, clients, colleagues and friends. I succeeded for all not just for myself. I worked hard to make them happy and satisfied with my services. In return, the trust I earned from all the people who knew me helped me grow personally, and my organization at large as well.

What is the most rewarding thing you have accomplished and why do you cite it above all your other accomplishments?
The trust I have earned from people who knew me, and the clients who have dealt with us are great successes. I consider the aforementioned as well as my other accomplishments rewards for my hard work. I believe that we all aim to earn people’s trust and seek to thrive in our businesses.

What were the biggest challenges you faced as an entrepreneur and how did you overcome them?
Up till this moment, I consider satisfying the clients a big challenge. Personally, I like to follow up the services we give to our clients. For example, I follow up on reservations and the vehicles we rent out - whether they are clean; checking the breaks, oil, tires etc - as well as many other details. I always look for perfection, which is why I do not leave a chance for any mistakes.

What do you think it takes to be successful in the industry your company competes in?
Service, experience, number of vehicles and employees, locations in Jordan and all around the world. Most importantly is honesty to our clients and being true to our values.

What advice would you give to those contemplating starting their own business?
My advice to whoever wishes to open a car rental business would be to make a good feasibility study and to start at least with not less than 100 vehicles.

What is the question I did not ask, but should have?
About our Vision
“To lead in the industry by defining service excellence and building unmatched customer loyalty”

About Our Mission
“To ensure a stress-free car rental experience by providing superior services that caters to our customers’ individual needs”

About Our Values
Integrity
To honor all commitments to our customers, employees and shareholders
To conduct business with unwavering high standards of honesty, trust, professionalism and ethical behavior
To communicate openly and frequently, sharing what we know, when we know it

Quality
To place the interests of our customers first
To be dedicated in providing an individualized rental experience that assures customer satisfaction and earns the unwavering loyalty of our customers

1 comment:

  1. With RentalCars you can discover affordable car hire at over 49000 locations across the globe.

    ReplyDelete